Monday, November 12, 2012

Upcycled dress for Katrina

It's been awhile since I did an upcycled dress for Katrina, but yesterday I noticed that she had barely any dresses for cold weather.  So I went through some old shirts and sweaters of mine and picked a couple to make into dresses.  I only finished one last night.  It's not my best upcycle project ever, but it's cute enough.
 
First I took this old shirt of mine that was cute but a little short.
 Then I took this shirt, which was again really cute, but had a grease mark from Adam's bike on the bottom.
 And this is what I came up with!

I decided to not take anything off the sides of this dress and just use the tie at the waist to cinch it.  I kind of wish I had take some off anyway so I could have had the white be a ruffle instead of a band of white.
 I woke Katrina up to have her try this on.  Whoops! Naughty mommy.  But I really wanted to see if it fit.  I do need to take a little off the shoulders, but you can't really see the problem in this picture, and it's not crucial to the fit.  I still might take the white band off the bottom, and sew the sides more so I can make the white into a ruffle.
In fact, I'm definitely going to do that!

1 comment:

Jolena said...

I like it. You'll have to post the update too.