Monday, September 3, 2012

Two matching baby quilts

I finished the second of two baby quilts today that I made for a customer in the UK. She saw this quilt that I made for a friend on Pinterest, and contacted me about making two like that for her. I was a little reluctant, because that quilt was a special quilt made for a friend who lost her baby, but this customer seemed to really appreciate how special that quilt was, and I decided to go ahead and make them.

 The original one I made was square, but I added a couple of rows to this and made them into a crib blanket size, 36" x 45". 
 These quilts are made with all sorts of minky, chenille, and flannel fabrics, and thick batting.  Uber soft!


 I'll be sending these off this week.
 
Oh, and I really don't like the mess that comes from working with minky and chenille.  Adam came over to sit by me earlier and then stopped and said, "I don't want to sit near you right now."
Wonder why? :]

1 comment:

Jolena said...

They're so beautiful! You really are so talented. I love seeing what you come up with.