Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Preschool Planning Week 1

As it is now the start of the new year and Katrina really needs some more structured learning, I decided to do some home preschooling.  I'm not sure how much structure I'll want.  I don't know how much of our day we will devote to it.  For now I'm thinking we'll only spend about an hour on preschool activities, and then see how things go from there.  Any time I try to do structured activities with the kids Daniel does his best to cause mayhem, so if it doesn't work to include him we may have to do it in the afternoons while he sleeps.

I've planned a basic theme for this week, All About My Family.  I have a few activities for each day.  At the end of the week I'll share some pictures from our activities and a report on how it went.

Day 1:
1. Color faces of family with worksheet I made
2. Slideshow of Katrina's life
3. Practice writing her name

Day 2:
1. Family tree
2. Family matching game
3. Practice typing her name

Day 3
1. Slideshow of Mommy and Daddy
2. Color a picture of the temple
3. Some other activity, maybe taking picture in Mommy's wedding dress? (Total Pinterest idea)

Day 4:
1. Look at pictures of Grandparents and talk about them
2. Write letters to granparents
3. Family matching game again

I will report the results of the week on Friday!

No comments: