Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First preschool check-in and new dragon

I never checked in with how preschool went last week.  I didn't fit in everything I wanted to, but we had fun with what we did.  Here the kids are drawing faces.
 We identified everyone's eye and hair colors.
 Katrina made sure to give everyone ears and bellybuttons (on our chins) as well as faces.
 Daniel systematically opened every single marker and scribbled, then went to the next marker.
 This week our theme is healthy living, so we've been talking about exercising and identifying fruits and vegetables.  I also talked a bit about serving sizes with her when she wanted me to give her the whole package of pepperoni.  I am going to make an activity for her to learn how to set the table.

My sister asked me to make her a dragon for her son's first birthday.  I made a bunch of small changes to the pattern.  The biggest was cutting down on the amount of hand-sewing and doing it all on machine.  This ended up with the dragon's head pointing higher that I wanted, but it's still cute.


 With his ears pointed so far back and looking upward, he looks rather wistful.  Maybe he's begging?
Hope my nephews likes it!

2 comments:

Momza said...

Tori, that is one adorable dragon! Do you sell them in your etsy shop?

Elise said...

LOVE your preschool! It sounds like so much fun! And I agree, you should sell those dragons. I've never seen anything like them. The tulle ones would be especially popular with the girls, I think.