Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Gifts- Stuffed Dragons

These gifts were fairly last minute.  I didn't decide that I wanted to make them until just a few days ago.  The reason behind them was that Daniel is obsessed with Katrina's tutus and dresses that have tulle.  There is one dress in particular that he likes so much that he sleeps with it.  So I decided he needs something that has the same silky and tulle textures that maybe he will latch onto instead. 
 I used this tutorial from Etsy that I found ages ago but have never had the need for. I decided to use silky satin for the tummy, and instead of felt spikes I made them out of tulle.
 A couple days ago I shows the picture to Katrina and told her I was making one for Daniel.  Of course, immediately, she needed one too, and has bugged me constantly about it every since.
 I took the kids with me to the fabric store to buy the fabric for Daniel's.  I picked a green minky for the back.  Daniel saw it and grinned and said, "turtle!" so I think he will like it.  When he saw the tulle he got excited and said, "dress!"
 Katrina's uses two pink minky fabrics that I had in my stash, and of course tulle for the spikes too so hers could be like his.
So hopefully these gifts are winners!

5 comments:

Jolena said...

These are up there on the list of cutest things you've ever made. Fantastic job!

I hope Daniel loves it as much as the other things. :)

Evenspor said...

Those are adorable.

Elise said...

Those are the cutest plush dragons I have ever seen, no joke. I love the idea of the tulle spikes. Awesome! I'm always impressed by you, Tori, but this project just takes the cake :)

Jolena said...

Can we put in an order for a couple of these? :) Did you use up all your fabric you got for these or do you have enough to make more? They are so adorable!

Cindy said...

So cute,,, they look fantastic!