Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kind of funny

I am on the committee planning the Relief Society Christmas program in a few weeks.  Our theme is "The Women Who Knew Christ" and it features six women (both scriptural and fictional) who may have known Christ.  It's a really sweet program. After each number we have a musical number.  I am in charge of the music, so I've been trying to put together all these numbers.  Pretty stressful!  We are super short on pianists and so I've ended up being the pianist for two numbers, one of which is pretty hard.  I hope it works out!

The funny thing happened tonight.  My committee chair gave me a call to discuss different things about the activity, and then she asked me to be Mary!  I had suggested we ask a young woman or young single adult, but apparently when she was talking to the presidency about it, they thought I would be a good Mary.  So I get to be Mary!  I admit, it's a little intimidating, but not too much because it's only a paragraph.  All of the other parts are a page long.

So anyway, I've got a busy week ahead of me with practicing piano, sewing purses, sewing Daniel's birthday quilt (his birthday is on Saturday), and various other things.  Adam cleaned the living room last night and the kitchen tonight, and I cleaned our room and the kids room tonight, so our apartment is much less of a pigsty.  Woo-hoo!  Yay for not being slobs.


Oh, and another thing.  We got to spend Saturday with my brother and his girlfriend down in Washington, D.C.  We went to the Natural History Museum and the Air & Space Museum.  Daniel was pretty cranky for much of the trip, but he and Katrina still had fun.  Daniel was chanting my brother's name in the car on the way home, so he definitely liked his uncle! And Katrina love him.  This was actually the first time Adam and my brother had met.  It was a great trip.

No comments: