Sunday, October 9, 2011

King-sized bedspread: Completed!

I'm so happy to complete this project. I've been working on it all summer off and on. A king-sized bedspread is no easy task, and simply putting together the backing, batting, and topper took lots of energy. This evening I pinned it all together and then did the quilting. I only stitched in the ditch, so it was relatively easy. (Ha! Easy!)
Yesterday Adam's parents arrived with the new top for my table: a door! It is so much more stable than my 1/2-inch plywood and has smooth edges, yay! The other tabletop was already bent in the middle. This was how I was able to quilt this bedspread. Well, that, and Adam helped me. I really couldn't have done it without him maneuvering the quilt as I sewed.
And here is the photobomb:


I like this view: it's what I see when I lay down.
Next up will be to make some coordinating pillows. It feels really comfy and I'm excited to sleep with it tonight.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Cool! I've been wondering if you were going to post the finished product. I love how talented you are :). I am also loving the coat you made that is featured in the previous post. Gray and Yellow happen to be one of my favorite color combos. And it really looks awesome on you!

Printing Workflow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.