I made my dad a tie for his birthday and now that he's opened it, I can share it. :] I really, really am happy with it. I did it differently than the last tie I made, and it really turned out nicer.
The last tie I made, I used a tutorial from the Purl Bee. This time I used the pattern at Puking Pastilles (ugh, blogger still hates me and won't let me either highlight things or paste in links. What the heck!). The pattern wasn't perfect, but I made it work. I took out the interfacing from an old tie of Adam's and used that as a guideline in ironing. I used instructions from both patterns plus a mixture of what I found worked better to put the tie together. Even with all the ironing and hand-sewing, I found that it came together really quickly.