Sunday, July 17, 2011

Whoops, time flies

I just realized I've completely let this blog go! I've been pretty bad lately at taking pictures and I like to have pictures for each blog entry, but this one will have to go without.

We're just having a regular Sunday, lots of naps and denied requests for tv that finally relent into Disney movies so we can have a rest from the tv requests! Daniel has a fever today. A few Sundays ago Katrina woke up from her nap with the same sort of thing, a fever and lethargy, and was fine within 24 hours. I'm assuming this is the same sort of thing for Daniel.

Church today was awesome, mostly because we didn't have to leave Sacrament meeting with Daniel even once, and he wasn't as clingy during nursery. The other kids were a bit whiny, but things can't help but be crazy with 8 toddlers and a one year old. Adam is enjoying being able to go to Sunday School and Elder's Quorum (he's not Scoutmaster anymore because he couldn't keep it up with CFA, book, and a full-time job), and he just was called last week to be an Elder's Quorum instructor on fourth Sundays each month.

Adam and I have been trying to lose weight. I've been pretty successful with improving my diet and eating lots of fruits and veggies. If I can competely lose the habit of eating after the kids' bedtime that will help. My goal is to lose one pound a week and over two weeks I've lost two pounds, so I guess it's working? I was doing better a few weeks ago with waking up before the kids and exercising, but then Daniel started waking earlier, and then I started downloading lots of free and 99 cent books onto my Kindle, and I've been staying up way late finishing books! It's bad, I know, but I seem to have lost all self-control when it comes to finishing books. Have I mentioned before that I have a Kindle? My father-in-law won it in a raffle at a work conference a month or so ago, and since he has an ipad and his wife and daughter have Kindles already, I was the lucky recipient! I've really been enjoying it.

The kids are enjoying the summer time and going outside more. My goal is to get them outside and moving everyday, but sometimes it's hard to do that when it's really hot. Luckily our neighborhood park is in the shade, and if I get them there before noon the heat isn't too bad. Our weather is usually in the 80s, maybe higher in the afternoons but that's usually when we retreat inside. Adam isn't cycling at all because he's working hard on his book each morning and evening, but once he's done in a month he'll be happy to get back in the saddle.

We're kind of in this weird perpetually worn out place right now, because of Adam's book, but once it's over we'll definitely get to breathe again. Plus it will be our fifth wedding anniversary next month, and Adam hasn't taken a vacation from work in awhile, so it would be really nice to get away.

So that's what's up with us. We live a very non-exciting life these days. Especially in this next month, Adam will be really working hard and probably all day on Saturdays. Once that's over, we'll try to go on some day trips to the beach and other fun places.

Oh, and I'm working on Bathing Suit 2.0. I have it all cut out and will work on it this evening. I also got fabric for another suit for Katrina, so I'll be making her one too. I will definitely show pictures, but whether there are models in them or not is up in the air. :] I really hope mine turns out because I have a Relief Society swim party on Wednesday and don't want to wear my swimsuit that I've had since I was sixteen!

No comments: