I was asked to make the banner for the Young Women's Girls' Camp next week. Their theme this year is Princess Academy and I was given a graphic of what their t-shirt will look like, which is just a crown and some words, and was given leeway to make whatever I wanted. First I was just going to applique a crown in the middle and also applique the words, but then I decided to add a castle and a dragon too, and I decided to paint the words instead of appliqueing them.
I won't pretend it wasn't a lot of work, because it was! Creating the dragon applique (I traced one from the computer and then had to draw it larger) and tracing and cutting out all of the letters with an exact knife were the most difficult and tedious parts. I am really happy with how it turned out. I still need to iron the letters to set them and add grommets to the top so that they can hang it up easier, but that's all.