Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Funny Story

So Daniel has a problem sometimes with falling asleep at bedtime, waking up, and then staying awake for a couple of hours. Tonight he woke up when Katrina came to bed and kept babbling for awhile. I wasn't surprised and just left him in there. Well, at 10 he was starting to get fussy, and I went in to check. I had to groan when I saw under the door that their light was on. We usually remove the lamp so Katrina won't turn it on. As I walked closer the light snapped off, and when I opened the door, Katrina was laying in her bed. I picked up Daniel, and then Katrina told me there was a big mess. I said, "you made a big mess?" and she answered, "Mommy clean big mess." Ha. Well, I turned on the light, and sure enough, all the lotions and diaper creams from the changing table were laying in the corner. And trust me, we have a lot of creams. The funniest part was that there were also several washcloths laying around smeared with cream, as if she had tried to clean up her mess. I immediately called Adam and went to feed Daniel.

Adam cleaned her up. There luckily wasn't anything on the carpet, but Katrina and her clothes were covered. As Adam was putting everything away, Katrina insisted on helping. :]

I have had a crammed day, and I haven't even left the house. Lots of Etsy stuff to do. Between now and Sunday I have tons going on, with the Messiah and bag-making and stuff. In fact, it's 10:45, but I'm going to sew for another 45 minutes or so, even though I'm super tired. I just need to keep working hard.

1 comment:

Seamingly Sarah said...

Don't burn yourself out! Some of the best Christmases have been when I've done the least possible. I do understand the need to keep up with etsy demand though. But at 10:30 last night I found myself picking out the same stitches for the 3rd time and decided it was time to quit.