Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Katrina Dress

This is my Sew & Tell post this week.

We have family pictures tomorrow and I needed something blue for Katrina to wear, so I found a pattern that worked with some blue fabric I picked up recently in the remnant bin. I'm getting better at reading patterns and this all came together last night except for the hemming and zipper that I did today.




I can't get her to try it on, sorry, or I would post a picture. It's probably better, anyway, because once she puts on a new dress, she refuses to take it off. But I would really love it if she would try it on before tomorrow so that I know if it fits or not! Also, now I need to finalize what I am wearing. That's the biggest problem. :[ I can't figure out what to wear.
This is another bag I finished today. It's one of my favorites so far. I'll need to take better pictures tomorrow, I was just eager to use natural light before the sun set.


I also just sold a bag tonight, so I'm pretty happy.


giveaways

10 comments:

shelly said...

That dress is gorgeous and I'll bet it looks super cute on Katrina too! And congrats on the sale too!

Cindy said...

The dress is adorable. You did an awesome job. Congrats on the sell.

Tasha's Life said...

I can't wait to see the dress on Katrina and to see the family photos. The purse is cute! Congrats!

Seamingly Sarah said...

The dress is so cute! I want one in my size! =)

Jolena said...

Ah, the fabric on that bag is to die for!

Leslie said...

That dress is just adorable! love your bag too, the fabric you used is perfect!

Trisha said...

Both are amazing!! What pattern did you use? I would love to make one for my girls.

di said...

The dress is so precious! You did a great job! I have a terrible time following sewing instructions for clothes. You bag is beautiful too! And congrats on your sale! How exciting! :-)

p.s.phyllis sews said...

The dress is so cute and there is some really fine detail that looks beautiful. Also, love the bag! Blue is my favorite color.

Sara said...

The dress is so beautiful! I think it came out great, I particularly love the detail on the front bodice area. What pattern did you use?