Saturday, November 6, 2010

A few pictures



Last night we went around IKEA with Daniel in the carrier (on Adam's back). He really liked it, and got really upset when we took him out. Today I tried again with the carrier, and I realized something important--I was wearing it too low. Apparently I have been looking at too many pictured of long-torsoed people wearing carriers, and I have a really short torso. So instead of wearing the belt at my hips, I hiked it up to my natural waist, and suddenly everything felt more comfortable.

Notice the clean mirror?

I went to Joanns today and took Daniel with me. Normally I'd be rushing to get done and worried about keeping him happy the whole time. This time, I took my time, consulted him on various things (bet that looked strange to other people), and enjoyed the trip as much as if I had been solo, or more, because I didn't have to stress about how Daniel was doing at home and whether he was fussy and driving Adam crazy. After I was done shopping, I didn't want to go home, so he and I walked to another store for some paper. At both Joanns and Staples the cashiers were suprised when they realized I had a baby on my back, and both ladies thought it was awesome. So I'm guessing I'll be getting a lot of use out of it!

2 comments:

Jolena said...

Why is it that babies do so well in carriers? I've heard that from so many people. I love the pictures with him in it. He just looks so relaxed and comfy and so chill. What fun for him and for you suddenly having way more freedom.

lizkachu said...

Wow - he looks so much like Katina as a baby in those first shots! Too cute - love the "back pack" :)