Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Busy Busy

I have a backlog of pictures I wanted to share and more Katrina-isms that I've thought of, but I'm just so busy this week! I have five purses in progress (two I finished last night, but they still need ironing), plus one I want to start from scratch. I have to practice like crazy for the Messiah because it turns out there are only two first violins this year and so I have to play first stand, which means I'm part of the chamber orchestra that plays with the soloists. There are some really tricky pieces that I've never had to worry about before. Somehow I've got to fit practicing in. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are big on Etsy, so I'm trying to finish all these bags by then, and then on Thanksgiving I'm going to have to edit everything in my store to be ready for the next day. I also have to plan and create invitations for our Relief Society Christmas activity, which is going to be lots of fun. Phew, I'm getting overwhelmed just thinking about it.

Here's a couple things about Katrina while I'm thinking about it. When I go to get Daniel in the middle of the night to eat (he's been waking most nights again), Katrina used to always cry out "help, help!" until I adjusted her blankets. Her new thing is saying, "Kiss! Kiss!" So then I have to awkwardly bend over with Daniel in my arms and give her a kiss, and then I go feed him.

That reminds me of something Daniel does. He's been learning the sign for "all done," and uses it with gusto. He has a block on the sign for "more," unfortunately, and uses "all done" for that too. You can see the quandary! We're always thinking, is he saying all done as in more, or all done as in all done? The other night I fed him in the middle of the night, and when he was finished, he looked up at me, grinned, and waved his hand "all done." It was darling. Normally he doesn't really interact at night, so it caught me by surprise.

I tried to enlist Katrina's help to get Daniel to say "mama" or "dada." He says the syllables, but not as names for me and Adam. The other day, I was telling Katrina to tell Daniel to say different things. "Get him to say, 'Mama,' Katrina." "Baby! Mama. Mama. Mama!" "Get him to say, 'Dada.' " "Baby, Dada! Dada!" (Daniel):"Ayeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah!" (Katrina): "No baby, no yeah-yeah, Dada!"

She's also getting better at singing a melody, but mostly just likes to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." We'll hear her jumping on her bed singing it, though she likes to throw in different words. Sometimes she'll sing, "Me me me me me me me," or "Nina nina nina nina." We joke about her being self-absorbed! At other times she tries to sing the actual words, and it comes out, "Tinkle tinkle ih'll tar, humma humma humma humma, diamond ih a sky, humma humma, what you are!!"

1 comment:

Jolena said...

I love your cute kids! Good luck with all your selling for black Friday and Monday! I hope you make a whole bunch of sales and also get everything done in time for it. Oh, and good luck practicing for the Messiah. I think it's so cool that you do that every year. I wish I played an instrument still that I could play in an orchestra.