Friday, October 29, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Even though this was Katrina's third Halloween, it's the first one that she really cares about at all. She was really envious of everyone with wings at Wednesday's playgroup, so I pulled out her wings from our costume bag, a tutu, and a wand. She insisted on the pumpkin shirt. I told her she's a fairy princess, and she was very excited about being any sort of princess. She hasn't really cared about princesses until recently, but I guess every little girl is going to fall in love with princesses eventually!
The Trunk or Treat at church was fun. She did have a few tantrums because of all of the excitement, but it's getting a lot easier to reason with her, so they were short-lived. She got particularly excited about the face-painting and you might be able to see her black and green marks that she added in addition to the sparkly heart that the young woman gave her. She was awesome at holding my hand as we did the parking lot circuit getting candy. Sadly, Daddy's treat bucket had run out of treats by the time we got there, but there was plenty more!
Daniel was officially a farmer. We added the babylegs because it was really cold outside.
And now both kids are in bed at 9:30 (but still awake), and Adam and I are taking our cut of Katrina's candy. :]

1 comment:

Tasha's Life said...

So cute!!! I wish I could have seen it in person. I got to dress up yesterday for school. I'm always a witch, but it sometimes varies. Last year I got a new witch costume and that's probably what I'll be every year. Everyone likes it. Love ya!