I think it turned out really cute. Unfortunately, I made a bunch of little mistakes that aren't really apparent in the photos but are noticeable when you handle it, like using batting instead of fusible interfacing (makes the seams too thick, and it's still floppy), and well, skipping out on interfacing on all the places I usually use it and using thicker fabric instead.
One thing that worked out great is the location of the pattern--I remember trying vaguely to center it and I guess I did because the finished result has perfect pattern placement.
Next up I am making tights for Adam for cycling (they're all sewn up but I ran out of elastic for the waistband). I also made him arm sleeves to wear with his short-sleeved jerseys. Those, too, need elastic. I have a baby shower on Thursday to make an item for (and I just figured it out, and it's going to be way cute!), and I am going to make a little soft blankey for Daniel to be his "lovey" that he can carry around. Both of those are super quick projects. In fact, I bet I'll be finished with more projects by the end of today! I also am going to start on my sister's baby quilt. I received the fabrics, and they are awesome, so I hope I can make a quilt appropriately awesome. :]
Shared at Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design