Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sewing projects

Time for Sew & Tell!

Well, I was so productive this weekend that I just couldn't fit it all into one post. Here's my previous one.

So here is my baby shower gift! It is a soft taggy blanket with a little twist.

I got the idea from this blog. I think the only thing I changed was the kind of applique I did. I forgot to get Wonder Under at Joanns yesterday, so I just pinned and used a satin stitch around each leaf.
And a nice soft minky back. The front is a pretty flannel I found yesterday.
It's for a woman in my ward having her third baby girl. I hope she likes it!
***(To read about how this project crashed and burned but was salvaged, read here.)***
This next soft blanket is for Daniel. It's not very large--17"x21". The point isn't so much to be a blanket as it is to be his "blankie." Katrina developed her attachment to her "badet" at about his age, and we decided to try to get Daniel to get attached to a little lovey so he can have something to soothe him like Katrina has.
I've already begun the attempted attachment process by bringing it in the car everywhere and sticking it in his crib when he sleeps. We'll see if it works!
And I also made Adam some cycling tights and some sleeves to wear with his short-sleeved jerseys.
Sharing at Blue Cricket Design.


giveaways


10 comments:

Skooks said...

Tori, that looks AWESOME! I love how it turned out. :) They're so fun to make, right? I think I'm going to have to find more babies to make blankies for. ;)

Michelle @ Sweet Something said...

Great job! You've created an heirloom! Beautiful!

Judy said...

Taggie crafts are so addicting! I loved how the pink blanket turned out and I'm sure that little baby will love it too!

Dee said...

Just make sure you have a spare for this beautiful, fun and happy blankie for him!

The tree quilt is a favorite pattern of my to see used in quilts! Very nicely and softly done!

Miri said...

Sweet!

Kristen said...

It looks wonderful, the second time too!
I am so sorry that happened to you! At least it was washed before it was sent so you knew that would happen.

Sara said...

Beautiful! I love what you did with the leaves...it looks so pretty. I'm sure the baby will love touching the leaves and the taggies!

Karen said...

Great finishes. Love the lady bug fabric. My son loves snuggling his old muslin wraps that I had made. He loved being wrapped as a baby. They are so soft now.

Lappedamen said...

Those blankets are so cute, nice and cosy.

TheBlackForrist said...

Love the twist on taggy blanket, I will remember this for future shower gifts. Thanks for sharing!