Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sew n Tell

I'm going to be trying to consolidate my sewing for the week into one or two posts, rather than posting right after I make things. We'll see how well I do. :] First off, I have a Christmas gift for my 9-year-old niece. I used this tutorial to make a little wrist wallet. I made use of the Amy Butler fabric I received from Amy at AmyLouWho, when I won her giveaway a few weeks ago! I've never had any Amy Butler fabric, so it was lots of fun.
You can see that I added some piping to the pattern. I thought it helped make the blue a little more girly. This niece of mine likes pink a lot, but I think she'll still like this.

It also comes with a matching headband!
One more Christmas gift done.
I also finished several bags for my shop. They are all snap clutches.

I had fun with my new embroidery machine.
And this one is my favorite. I love the embroidery!
I finished two more tonight except snaps, but I fizzled out, so I'll put those in and list them in my store tomorrow.
This one is light blue with blue flowers. Sorry it's so washed out here--I didn't want to get out my light box.

I'm sharing at Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design.

giveaways



10 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So many cute and creative ideas, well done. Love the gathered details on the clutches and the wrist wallet is so clever, wish I'd thought of it!

Elise said...

I've never heard of a wrist wallet but I really like it, especially the fabric!

Leslie said...

these are great finishes...i love the wrist wallet. great idea

Sara said...

I love the wrist wallet! I saw that tutorial, yours looks awesome! So many things I have to add to my to-do list, lol! I also like that it comes with a matching headband. Great gift!

beth said...

very nice finishes! you've been busy.

Ivory Spring said...

Wow- you have been super productive! Lovely finishes.

Haylee said...

I love all your projects. I think your niece is going to love the wallet and headband.

Kristen said...

Neat idea to make a wristlet that way. I bet she'll love the set.

di said...

I just love the wrist wallet! I've never seen anything like that before and to pair it up with a head band, great idea! All of your clutches are so beautiful! I found your site through the Sew and Tell links and I'm so happy I stumbled upon the that site, and yours! :-)

lemonadegal said...

These are all so fantastic. Thanks for the link for the wrist wallet. It is such a clever idea!