Monday, October 4, 2010

It's a Pillow, It's a Pet!

I finished my nephew's pillow pet, which is a Christmas gift. It's supposed to match the quilt I made for him. I used this tutorial.
The face is, um, a little funky. I tried to do eyebrows like in the tutorial, with strange results.

I also tried to add two extra legs on each side. They kind of look like wings. Once again, oh well!

Adam and I decided it's a "gentleman bug" (boy version of a lady bug, of course). I hope my nephew likes it! Katrina was obsessed with the head before I connected it and I kept finding it in her room. Now she walks by the thing and tells me, "big bug happy." So I think my nephew will be pretty happy.
I'm linking up to Sew & Tell at AmyLouWho. If you're coming over from Sew & Tell, check out my other finished projects from this week, an embroidered floor pillow for my daughter and one for my son.
Sharing at Show And Tell at Blue Cricket Design.

giveaways

9 comments:

Evenspor said...

Very cute!

Jolena said...

So I don't know what your vision in your head was, but what came out is pretty stinkin' cute. I think Jared will adore it. It is most definitely a gentleman bug. No girliness here!

Kim said...

This is so cute. I really like the different textures you used. His satin hat/ antennas are adorable.

Caroline @ Atelier Caroline said...

That is so adorable!! I'm making a spring meadow bedroom for my daughter.. a pillow like this would be a perfect addition

Caroline
http://ateliercaroline.blogspot.com

lemonadegal said...

My daughter is ALL ABOUT the pillow pets! This is great. Thank you for sharing.

Haylee said...

It turned out so cute!

amylouwho said...

Very creative!

Miri said...

Sweet!

Carla said...

Let me just say that pillow pet just rocks! It's even better than the ones I've seen at the store.