Saturday, October 9, 2010

A good night's work

Adam and I have Netflix and we are currently going through all the seasons of Burn Notice, Adam's favorite tv show (and I love it too, just not quite as much as Adam!). Tonight we sat down to a Burn Notice marathon and I sewed like mad to try to finish the five purses I was working on and list them on Etsy. They are all going to be snap clutches, so no worrying about glueing them into frames. Alas, I just couldn't quite get them done. But here's a preview:

I had fun with my embroidery machine on the blue one and black one in the bottom picture.

Today was a bit long. Adam was on a youth temple trip in Washington, D.C. for most of the day, but thankfully he got home right around 5. Our day was pretty laid-back. We watched a lot of movies and hung out at the park. Daniel seemed warm after his first nap, so I dressed him in lighter clothes, and then he got really upset in the stroller on the way to the park, which was very uncharacteristic. We had to ditch the stroller at home and I just carried him. After his 20 minute second nap (he was awoken by this sister yelling excitedly when she managed to open the doorknob to her room during naptime), I realized he was hot. I couldn't find any thermometer covers, and the ear thermometer said he was at about 100, but it was really hard to get a good reading. The poor baby basically spent the next two hours whimpering in my arms and nursing a bit every 20 minutes or so. It could be teeth--he has four coming in--but two have already broken the surface and they didn't bother him much at all, so I think it's different.
Adam arrived home with the thermometer covers (we call them thermomdoms, tee hee), and Daniel's bum temp was 103. So we dosed him with tylenol, fed him soft, cold foods for dinner, and he was out shortly after 7. I hope he's better tomorrow; if not, Adam may have to stay home with him because I am subbing as Primary Pianist.

1 comment:

Jolena said...

I love the embroidery!