Saturday, October 2, 2010

Christmas Gift for Daniel

I originally planned on making these blocks for Daniel into I-Spy blocks, from this tutorial, but I ultimately decided to make them into color/texture blocks from fabrics in my stash. Since there are six letters in Daniel's name, I decided to make six blocks. Unfortunately, I don't have six different orange fabrics, so that block isn't done yet, but the rest are.

They were tricky to sew up by hand at the end, since I had so many different kinds of fabrics.
I think they're fun. I've made fabric blocks before, but these are cool because they are made with foam inside, so they are more like blocks.
And this is the custom bag finished, in case you're interested.


Oh, and since I technically finished this project on Friday (though I'm writing this post after midnight), I'm going to include this on Sew & Tell at AmyLouWho.


3 comments:

Seams Inspired said...

Wow! I cannot even fathom sewing all those blocks by hand. Nice job! The clutch is beautiful too. :o) Visiting from Sew&Tell. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

Evenspor said...

They turned out really nice.

amylouwho said...

i love these blocks. yet another thing to add to my list.