Saturday, September 25, 2010

Temple!

Today was our first family temple trip in a year! I really enjoyed the opportunity to go. Adam's parents went with us to help us with child care, and so his mom and I went to the first session and then we switched off. The kids did well overall. We got them up at 5:30 am, so they were pretty tired, but they loved being outside and seeing their grandparents. Adam and I are pretty beat though. He's collapsed on the other couch napping right now with a hot pack on his back from the excessive child-lifing he did on his shift (both kids refused the stroller).

Here's a little brag for Katrina. She has never once woken up dry. I haven't even worried about it because I figure we have awhile before she gets to that point. But last night after bed she insisted on coming out of her room to pee instead of just using the pullup. And this morning she woke up dry! It was 5:30 though, so I didn't get too excited. Since the car trip would be 2-2.5 hours, we kept her in a pullup. Soon after we women went into the temple, Katrina told Adam she needed to pee and he took her to the visitor's center, where he found a dry pullup. She had no accidents until she fell asleep on the way home. I'm very proud of her.

Tonight is the Relief Society Broadcast, which is awesome. I'm watching it from home instead of going to the church--with Daniel still nursing it's just easier that way, plus it goes from 8-10 for us Easterners.

K, I need to go feed the children. Wow, I'm dragging. The RS Broadcast will be tough. It's probably better that I will be staying home, because if I go to the church with dim lighting, I'll probably fall asleep. Here at home I can cut out and iron things and occupy myself while listening.

Ugh, I'm so tired. I might try to catch a catnap for a few minutes until Katrina comes and manually opens my eyes while commanding me to, "ee up, Mommy!"

No comments: