Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Sewing

Now that I'm going to be (hopefully) earning money from my sewing, I don't sew on Sunday anymore unless it's for fun. Today's effort was appropriate for the Sabbath--sewing a white shirt for Daniel for church.
This used to be one of Adam's dress shirts.
Using another collared shirt as a guide, and with lots of guessing and hedging, I ended up with a pretty good final product.

One funny thing is that the pocket was only halfway cut off, so he has half a breast pocket.
I do actually still need to hem it, but I wanted to try it on Daniel before he ends up napping or in bed.
I may still sew a little more today, this time on a dress for Katrina from one of my old skirts.

Next Sunday Daniel will be stylin' for Stake Conference. :]


Show N Tell by Blue Cricket Design

giveaways

11 comments:

Cassie said...

What a great idea!

janimal said...

Oh my, SO adorable! Well done!

KQuiltyBee said...

Nice upcycle--and he looks so happy to be dressed up like the big boys!

Leslie said...

what a cutie he is in his big guy white shirt

Sarcastic Quilter said...

such a great use for an old shirt. Nice!

Haylee said...

Fun idea and it looks great.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Such a cute model! Well done on restyling a big shirt to a little guy.

Karen said...

Great idea! But your model is mega cute. All those gorgeous smiles.

Nina... said...

Really cute, and so tiny!

amylouwho said...

smart!! (and I'm putting your prize in the mail this next week! Sorry it's taken so long...)

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

So cute and he's very handsome wearing it:)