Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My sewing area

To start off with here is my crazy-haired little guy. Isn't he adorable? He's teething right now, has two top teeth coming in, but his amber necklace seems to be working, because these two teeth aren't bothering him much at all, unlike the last two teeth. I guess I'm converted! If anyone else is interested I bought them here. If you become their fans on facebook they always advertise deals.
So I thought I would show a few pictures of my sewing nook. I'm so glad that I have a little area of our home devoted to my sewing and crafts. It's much better than spreading everything over the dining room table or shoving it all in the storage ottoman, like I've done in the past.

First off, here is what the bug pillow pet looks like so far. I'm not enamoured of it. I think I tried to do too many things and that it looks funny. I'm hoping that when I get the zipper in the back and attach the head, it will all come together and I'll like it better. That happens a lot with my projects--I don't like it until the end, and then I love it.
Those are supposed to be two extra legs on the sides. Here's the head:

Yes, it really is that lopsided. I might just redo the whole thing since I have enough fabric leftover. It also needs eyes and a mouth still. Katrina thinks it's awesome though, so I could probably leave it like this and my nephew won't care!

This is my stack of fabric. The red-topped box has fabric for my current or imminent projects. The bottom drawer and other three boxes are divided by colors into medium-sized pieces of fabric.
Over on the right I have two carts. The green cart has larger pieces of fabric that are folded and stacked and mostly arranged by color. Behind it is a cart with five drawers, each devoted to something different, like drawing utensils and paints and ribbons, etc. I have a bunch of ziplock bags with very small fabric scraps arranged by color that I save for color books or other similar projects.

This is a little cluttered. It's a mix of experimental bags, half-finished projects, and miscellania. Katrina is starting to get really interested in this area, so I'm going to need to clean it up better.

And here is the long view of it. It works well for me. We used to have the swing here and it's so nice to have that gone, though it's still just as cluttered.
I was going to finish up with a really cute picture of Daniel rolling around on the floor but he was unfortunately placed right next to several permanent stains on our carpet and the visible evidence of my lazy housekeeping was just too bad for me to post. But trust me, he was cute. And speaking of housekeeping, I need to either start folding all of the laundry I've been doing today, or
BREAKING NEWS
I got a custom order and she just paid for it, so housework is getting thrown aside so I can work on her bag! If she likes this one, she's ordering more for her bridesmaids, so I'm going to be working very quickly. Also, my mother-in-law has an embroidery machine I can use to embroider names on the inside! I'm going to be experimenting with that tonight.
Yay yay yay! AND, I just got a notice that one of my bags was featured in a Treasury on Etsy. Here's the link.






3 comments:

Jolena said...

So I actually really like the pillow. I think it's cute. :) And I'm so excited that you got that order. Yay for you! I keep showing my friends in the program your site so that you'll get more exposure. Can you believe how many comments you have on your giveaway?! I love it!

shelly said...

Congratulations on your order, that's fabulous! I'm a little sad that my chances of winning your giveaway are so terrible now, but proud of you for getting yourself out there so well. Way to market your shop!

Laura said...

Well I think that crazy haired boy looks just like his dad, hair and all. :)