Monday, September 20, 2010

My first six bags

I am adding this post to Sew & Tell at Amy Lou Who (see button at bottom of post). I also have more finished bags here and here.
The reason I started creating these bags was because my stuff was spread all throughout different pockets in my diaper bag and I wanted them all in one place. Also, I wanted a smaller bag that I could easily take when I wanted to go somewhere by myself without the kids. A lot of people make clutches and a lot of people make clutches in frames, but I couldn't find any who did clutches in frames with inside pockets and card slots.

So I decided to make some.




Don't be fooled by the simplicity of the red one--doing all of that quilting took ages.


More pics can be found in my shop.



Show N Tell at Blue Cricket Design

giveaways

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

In looking through all your preview pictures, I thought that last woven silvery-grey on was my favorite, but I LOVE the red one too. You've done a very lovely job!

xo -El

Cindy said...

I love the black and white and the woven grey. You're such an awesome seamstress. I didn't see a button for your store but if you have one let me know and I'll add it to my blog.

Aleatha Shannon said...

tori, these look really beautiful!

Nesty Girl said...

These are beautiful! You are quite the craftsperson!

I'm visiting from MBYM. Have a great week!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Wow!! Those are fabulous!

Seamingly Sarah said...

Congratulations on getting started. The first step is the hardest. Keep up the motivation and you're going to do so great!

Seams Inspired said...

They're all so lovely, I can't decide which is my favorite! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

Jessica said...

those bags are beautiful!!

Miri said...

Fabulous bags! I just love what you did with the fabrics and frames...that basket weave is absolutely amazing!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

You did great work on making these look "store bought!!" Awesome!

ktquilts said...

Perfect solution!! Can't tell you how great these are!!

Blessings,

KT

Sara said...

What a great idea! Were those difficult to make? I love the light blue one!

Rene' said...

These are all lovely! I especially like the last one. Thanks for sharing!