Monday, August 2, 2010

Progress Picture

I finished sewing together my wall hanging tonight. All those curves were rather difficult and this picture definitely doesn't show all the flaws! I pinned it to the backing and batting and tomorrow will start quilting it.That will be fairly time-consuming if I quilt it the way they recommend.
I wish my cell phone had better quality.

Katrina's fever has risen farther to 103.3. We're definitely on edge. It's 11 at night and she just called us in there for more water. I gave her more Tylenol. We've gotten into the bad habit of watching Star Trek late at night and going to bed after midnight, so we're going to go check her fever again before bed. I really pray that it's gone down by then, otherwise I'm not sure what we will do. I definitely won't feel comfortable going to sleep.

Daniel was pretty fussy today. I think it might be another tooth. He doesn't have a fever or anything. We put him to bed at 6:30, expecting him to wake up in an hour, eat, stay awake for 20 minutes, then go back to bed (this happens a couple times a week). Instead he stayed asleep! He wasn't in his nighttime diaper, so he's going to be soaked when he wakes up in the middle of the night, sigh.

Oh well, I'm going to enjoy Star Trek and try not to worry too much.

3 comments:

Jolena said...

Good luck! I hope Katrina's fever comes down soon.

Amber said...

If Tylenol alone doesn't seem to be getting her fever down, you can alternate between doses of Tylenol and Ibuprofen because they work on a little bit different fever pathways. AND because you can end up giving her something every 3-4 hours since that works out to getting a dose of tylenol every 6-8 hours and a dose of ibuprofen every 6-8 hours. Just a thought. I hate it when my kids get high fevers--it's just so sad to see them so sick.

Elise said...

I agree with Amber. Usually my kids respond better to Motrin/Ibuprofin than tylenol anyway. At least you know Katrina's body is doing what it should to fight the infection! It's scary to see such a little one with a fever so high. Poor sick Katrina. I hope you got some sleep :).