Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Katrina update

She's doing fine now!

Last night her temp had gone down to 101 at midnight so we went to bed. She woke up at 6 requesting to use the toilet and it was back up to over 103 so I gave her more tylenol and she went back to sleep. Daniel was awake though. The next few hours are a blur in my mind but basically each time one kid would go to sleep the other would wake. After Adam left for work we finally all fell asleep and Katrina slept with me in my bed while Daniel napped in the crib.

The next time I checked her temp it was 97. We have a cheap ear thermometer, so I'm not always sure of it's accuracy, and Katrina has scattered the thermometer covers so we couldn't use the other digital mouth (or rectal) thermometer. That means that last night when it was reading 103, it could have possibly been even higher. Scary!

She has spent all morning lying down watching tv. Daniel just went down for a nap, so hopefully his schedule won't be completely messed up by getting up at 6, since this is his normal naptime. Katrina even was just standing up on the couch, which is a great improvement, but she got tired quickly and laid back down.

Well, I'm going to try to get her to eat some lunch and then see if she'll nap. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and prayers and support!

2 comments:

Jolena said...

I'm so glad her temperature came down! Time to relax some more and enjoy the day lazy. :)

Elise said...

YAY!