Monday, August 30, 2010

Bags, bags, bags

I'll eventually probably start a new blog just for my Etsy shops crafts, but I haven't gotten around to that yet, and I like showing off what I've made, so here are a few bags I've made so far. I'm definitely still working out little things like interfacing thicknesses and which seams I need to clip. Right now I'm working on my first batch of bags to actually sell. But I have a couple that I have made that aren't for selling.
This takes forever.
And a nice purpley one.
What I'm doing now is making the outsides of lots of bags and then I'll assembly-line the insides.

Those first two didn't have anything special on the inside but I will be adding a zipper pocket and credit card slots to the ones I sell.

This is one of the outsides I've completed. I love this fabric. It has a nice sheen.

I just hope my poor photography skills don't foil my selling efforts! Adam will help me set up a little mini-studio and hopefully our combined skills will show off the bags to their best advantage.
I have four others but they still need interfacing before I can finish sewing them up.

1 comment:

Elise said...

These bags are awesome! I love the first one, and it looks great with the blue fabric you have in the last picture, too. I can't wait to see all the finished products!