Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sneak Peek

I can never help myself. Whenever I have a long involved project I often take pictures along the way so then at the end I can do a nice post that shows the progress. But I can never keep myself from posting the progress pictures as soon as I take them! So even though I always want to surprise everyone with a grand finish, I just get so excited about my progress.

I've been dragging my feet on this project for some reason, even though I'm so excited about it. Last night I cut out all the pieces during Ocean's Thirteen. I decided to lay out all the pieces to show Adam and I'm really glad I did, because now I'm really enthusiastic again.
I don't know how long the sewing will take. The bridal satin seems like it might be tricky to work with, and I've never sewn curves. I also need to practice embroidery on scraps because I'm going to embroider the Salt Lake Temple, where we got married, onto the center part. I anticipate that will be the trickiest part. I just can't get over how perfect these colors are--white and yellow from our wedding, and black and gray matches the bedding in our room.

Today was a pretty good day at church. I always breathe a sigh of relief when it's over. Another sister at church helped me so that I could listen to the Relief Society lesson, which was an excellent one. Katrina choked on a grape during Sacrament meeting. She used the bathroom several times while at church with no accidents. She's doing awesome at that. We even can get her to go by herself by offering marshmallows, and she's also making it through naps dry every day this week.

We've got some other stressful things going on which I don't want to get into, but I'll just say they involve work. So extra prayers for us would be appreciated. :]

And I'll end with this picture, which shows off Katrina's beautiful eyes. She really is a sweetie. She and Daniel are starting to play with each other and it's the sweetest thing.

No comments: