Friday, July 16, 2010

Placemats and Coasters

If I seem unusually productive this week, it's because I'm on a sewing frenzy after spending the entire weekend laying around feeling sickly and taking care of sick kiddos and husband. While I was working on my friend's pioneer dresses, all the other projects I wanted to work on started lining up and I got so impatient to be able to work on them. Now that her stuff is done, I'm plowing through my list. Though every night Adam says, "What are you working on tonight? What's next?" And if I don't tell him that I'm working on his cycling jersey he pouts a little! :] It's really close to being completed, so I told him I'd finish it tonight. I have a bad habit of getting 95% done with a project and then leaving it and not finishing it completely!

This project was a simple one. I know I got the idea from somewhere else, but honestly, it's not worth the effort of finding it since it's pretty self-explanatory by looking at the pictures! I used 16 guage (I think that's how it's referred to) clear vinyl and I bought a little pinking rotary blade that was oodles cheaper than pinking shears.
We finally have coasters for the living room!
Placemats for the table.

They match the table perfectly.

And our table looks very nice and classy with all the placemats there. Though when she saw them first thing this morning, Katrina shoved hers aside and put her placemat on the table again. Hers has all the instruments in the orchestra. I actually considered getting more education placemats for the whole table, but then I decided to go for something a little more elegant. :]

11 comments:

Quiltstory said...

Those turned out very cute! Good work!

Leslie said...

great finish!!!

Seamingly Sarah said...

they really are elegant looking!

P. said...

They really look nice on your table! Great job!

Jessica said...

The color you chose for those placemats/coasters looks great on your table!

Miri said...

These are very elegant placemats. Did you use iron-on vinyl?

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

Beautiful! What thickness of vinyl did you use? Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Momza said...

those are really nice, Tori!
Great job, as usual!

Michelle said...

Your new placemats and coasters do look very elegant. Nice work!

beth said...

beautiful!

maryf said...

these placemats will definitely be a good addition for the tables, however slate placemats can bring excitement as well. i wonder if you can share some of those as well. :)