Monday, July 12, 2010

Pioneer Dresses!

I have finished my friend's pioneer dresses except for the hems, so I wanted to share. My friend came over tonight while I finished them up and tried them on, and they fit just fine for a pioneer trek. I wish I had taken a picture of her in them, because they looked awesome on her.
I will be making matching bonnets and some muslin bloomers too.
Adam oh-so-generously "modeled" them for me. The yellow one still need the buttons sewn on, but I laid them on in the first pic so you can see how it will look.

These dresses have over six yards of fabric each. The skirt are very poofy and lots of fun.
So there you go!

9 comments:

shelly said...

Wow, Tori, these look great! Making clothes is so hard - I'm consistently impressed with all that you know and are able to do!

The Whites said...

Very cool. You are so talented! You did a great job on these dresses!!

Jolena said...

They look awesome! I'm glad they turned out well and fit the girl. That's always the most worrisome part. Is it actually going to fit? :)

Leslie said...

these are awesome. i love the yellow dress

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Those are really nice! I hope the wearers appreciate them. I love the sunny yellow dress, but blue is my favorite color, so I love that one too. Thanks for sharing.

xo -Elizabeth
(visiting from Sew & Tell Friday)

psphyllissews said...

Those dresses look so great. I hope you will have lots of occasions to enjoy your hard work!

Miri said...

Really nice pioneer dresses...love the yellow one!

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

Wow! Six yards of fabric. That's a lot of dress. You're so nice to sew for your friend. I know she'll think of you when she wears them. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

Michelle said...

What wonderful dresses! So nice of you to make them for your friend. I bet she's just thrilled.