Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sewing craft (that doesn't actually involve sewing!)


I came across this idea here a few weeks ago. I thought it was absolutely darling but figured it would be awhile before I could do it. Well, today I happened to be near the large Joanns down south and my friend was watching the kids for me, so I used the chance to pick up some plaques that were on sale and scrapbook paper too.
This one's my favorite. :] It was a cheap, fun project, and a nice change from actually sitting behind the sewing machine! I would have hung them up, but I figured Katrina wouldn't appreciate my hammering on her wall at 11:00 at night. So that will wait until tomorrow. I plan on hanging them in my little sewing corner in the living room.
Oh, so I found my memory card! It was in my pocket. So, I apologize to Katrina for wrongfully accusing her of stealing it!

One more thing--I found these almost exact same thing on Etsy for $30 a plaque or $100 for all four. Yeah, I'm serious. I paid about $8. So if anyone wants this same thing, I'll save you about $90 and make it for you, k?


10 comments:

Evenspor said...

Cute!

Elise said...

Really cute. I like yours even better than hers! For some reason, I think they just turned out better :).

Jolena said...

What a good idea! That will look so cute over your sewing machine.

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

Fabulous idea! I'm sew inspired. Thaks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

pinksuedeshoe said...

Way to be thrifty!

Rita E said...

Very creative ... and thrifty! Yours are just as cute!

Carla said...

How fun and it dresses up the room with your hobby.

Leslie said...

great finish

mamasewsbest said...

Well this is not a competition but ur finish did come out better than mine. Thanks for your post. I'm glad someone could use my idea. Maybe I'll redo mine. All I had was a gloss finish and I didn't like it much. =(

mamasewsbest said...

Well this is not a competition but ur finish did come out better than mine. Thanks for your post. I'm glad someone could use my idea. Maybe I'll redo mine. All I had was a gloss finish and I didn't like it much. =(