Thursday, June 24, 2010

New bag

So I bought the fabric for this bag yesterday, cut it out during naptime, sewed all the pockets and pieces last night, and assembled it today during naptime! There was a crazy thunderstorm going on and our lights kept flickering. Adam came home and said that his coworker who lives near us had a tornado go down his street and knock a tree over onto his house. Crazy!

So here is my bag! Overall I am satisfied. It was fun to design and make. I got the general look from this bag and others like it from that seller on Etsy.

The sides snap and unsnap for a smaller or larger bag.


Here's a little pocket for my keys or cell phone. It needs velcro or a snap though.


A little slit pocket for my wallet and chapstick.


Okay, so the inside is really not this bright, but it didn't show up well enough without the flash so I had to use it. It's a much prettier red. I used ripstop nylon because I really liked that in my last bag. I also used leftover foldover elastic from making diapers because it's so much easier than making an elastic casing. Unfortunately I only had green.

It also has stroller straps, which will be so awesome. I need to add snaps still but there wasn't time because the kids got antsy.

Here is said antsy child.

Yep, he's a cutey.

Here it is stuffed with my things. Plenty of room for the cloth diapers, the sippy cups, snacks, extra clothes for my pottytraining child, and I can even stuff in even more stuff.

So there you go! Hopefully this one will last me longer than the last ones!

I will be sharing this with Show N Tell at Blue Cricket Design. Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple, and Sew & Tell at AmyLouWho.

13 comments:

Jolena said...

So cute! Way to go!

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

Great bag! I especially love the slit pocket for your chapstick. Was the pocket easy to add? Thanks for sharing! Happy Sewing! :o)

Carla said...

Wow I had forgotten what needs to be taken along with small children and babies :o)

I really love your bag! It's perfect with all those pockets because I'm big on pockets. Everything in it's place I say. It looks sturdy and should last you a great while.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great bag! It's great that you can adjust the size.

P. said...

First, I like the black and white fabric you used on the outside. I was wondering what all those handy pockets were for, but you demonstrated. Well done!

Dee said...

remembering back to diaper bag days and stuffing everything but the couch (kitchen sinks ala wet wipes can be shove in a bag and couches mean mommies nap and we know that never happens!) in it.

super cool bag with lots of room and stylish to boot!

carol said...

Love ladies who design their own bags. I like to do that too.

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

so chic and stylish!! I love all of your projects!

Michelle said...

Wow a great design and pretty to boot! Thanks for adding the pictures of the little cutie. :-)

Darla said...

What a great diaper bag! I like the red interior a lot. Would you mind telling me where you get your FOE? None of the stores here sell it, so I have to order it online.

Miri said...

This is a wonderful bag! I love the cool outside and the hot red inside...it looks like a flower when opened up!

Dayna said...

Wow! This is such a great bag! It looks amazing!

Kristen said...

This is a great bag! It should hold up a lot more than a store brand. Wonderful pockets too!