Thursday, April 1, 2010

Diaper stash pictures

K, all the diapers were washed except the ones the kids wore last night and currently, so I decided to take stash pics.

Here are the two bins, baby diapers on the left and toddler diapers on the right.

Little one needed a change halfway through the picture process, so I grabbed a snapshot.

Here are all the fitted diapers and covers, minus the few dirty ones. PUL covers on the back and wool covers on the front.
All-in-one stash. I still have seven more brown all-in-ones to make if I decide I want more diapers.
A bunch of cloth wipes.
Bamboo fleece doublers/inserts.
Microfleece stay-dry inserts/poop catchers. I have more fabric for these if they work better than the baby wipes we've been using. If not, we'll just buy flushable inserts. Trust me, toddler poo is not fun to deal with and scraping it or dunking the diaper in the toilet isn't exactly enticing, so anything that makes it easier to deal with makes us more likely to stick with cloth diapering.

I have two wet bags like this, one for each changing station. I still need to make one for the diaper bag.
Daniel having fun while I take pictures.
And in another arrangement, all of Katrina's diapers:
And all of Daniel's:
Don't you love the little size tags on the front of that All-in-ones? It makes them look almost professional! I still have to add them to the other diapers, since it can be surprisingly difficult to distinguish between small and large diapers at times. So this project isn't quite finished, but nearly.
So there you go! I'm showing off these diapers at Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple and Show and Tell Wednesday at Blue Cricket Design, as well as Sew and Tell at Amy Lou Who.

16 comments:

Evenspor said...

Very impressive! I admire you for going cloth, especially with two diapered bums.

sb said...

I'm really impressed with how they turned out, Tori. Good job! As for the toddler poop, I just shake the diaper over the toilet as best I can and use TP to get out any obvious food chunks (sorry for the graphic description). Whatever doesn't come out gets washed. It's worked out fine for us so far.

Seamingly Sarah said...

this is awesome!

ktquilts said...

Wowsers!! I was going to make cloth trainingpants, and was overwhelmed. Total chicken-out! Way to go!!!

Blessings,
KT

pinksuedeshoe said...

Wow, way to go!

kirstin & jordan said...

Wow, fabulous!
We have a friday fun finds party- we'd love it if you'd link up!

Leslie said...

this is amazing...you have so many. i love cloth diapering. i did not do it with my first two but hope to do it with another. i am definitely bookmarking your sight. great finish

Kristen said...

Awesome! More power to you sister! I admire you. I just hope my last one potty trains early!

beth said...

You are SO ready to change diapers!! What a fun/economical project!

Catherine said...

So good to see that your doing the cloth diaper way and avoiding the disposables. I used cloth diapers and if I was having more babies I would be definitely making some like you. I did use to make my own diaper covers to match the dresses I made my girls though.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I admire you for using cloth diapers. And they're nice to look at, too:)

KQuiltyBee said...

Wow--what a good set up. I loved my cloth diapers, but these seem even easier to use. Good job!

Karen said...

Wow what a stash. You can never have too many really. Great job.

Rene' said...

Great idea. You really have quite a stash there. Thanks for sharing.

Lizzy @ Lizzy Designs said...

That's great, well done! Is there a tutorial for this?

Kimberly said...

Wow! What an amazing diaper stash! Did you have a pattern that you followed for these?