Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend post

Yesterday was about as good as it could have been--a trip the the park without meltdowns (except at the end when we had to leave), a trip to REI to buy cycling gear for Adam to start cycling to work, a stop by the store next to REI to buy Katrina her own big pink ball, Daniel fell asleep by himself in his pack n play and didn't sleep in our bed or the swing all night, plus I got a lot done on my diapers.


These are all cell phone pictures, sorry.
Today was Stake Conference, right smack dab during Katrina's naptime. She did relatively well. Daniel did awesome, especially for how fussy he typically is at church. The kids crashed in the backseat afterwards while we drove around Valley Forge to keep them asleep!
This picture below shows how Katrina kept herself occupied for several minutes during church.

On a sadder note, I got the call today that my Grandma Kitty passed away. She has been going downhill since December and everyone has been going to visit her one last time. Because of Daniel, I decided I couldn't go. I really wish I had been able to, but he's not a very easy baby away from home. The bright moment was joining my siblings by telephone a couple weeks ago when they visited her. I'm glad I was able to talk to her one last time. I will miss her a lot!

5 comments:

JenniferB said...

I'm sorry you couldn't go Tori, but I know she knows you love her. Anna wishes she had been able to talk to her too.

lizkachu said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmom Tori :(

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sorry sorry to hear the news. (jessi sherwood)

Seamingly Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I worry about my gramma everytime I visit home. I hate to think every visit might be the last visit.

Elise said...

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sometimes it is nice to know that our loved ones are free from those physical discomforts, but it is still hard to know that they are gone from us.

Your pictures of your kids are darling, by the way. I love the anecdote about Katrina drawing on herself.