Monday, February 8, 2010

Visit with the grandparents

I was really sad to say goodbye to my parents this evening. I've really enjoyed their visit for the last several days. Today we finished off by driving around a bit and looking at big houses, then eating lunch with Adam.
We took some pictures with the kids and my parents.
Katrina loved having them here, though she had a hard time with the words "Grandpa" and "Grandma" and instead called them Nana and Poppop as well!

She was harder to get a picture of because she moves around so much. Wait--so does Daniel! Kids are just so mobile and hard to photograph.

There must be a spot on my lens because all of these photos have a smudge in the same spot.
Katrina didn't want to sit still for a picture, so this is the best one we got!
Giving Grandpa a kiss on the chin.

Tonight we did Baskin Robbins for Family Home Evening. Katrina was thrilled to get her very own ice cream for the first time. She gobbled down some rainbow sherbet and Adam and I were happy to be able to eat our entire ice creams without her little voice saying, "Ahhhhh!" as she ran back and forth between us, waiting for bites!
On a negative note, my back is in so much pain right now. I would lay down and not get back up again for the rest of the night if I could get away with it. I think it is because of how much I have hauled around Daniel's baby carrier over the past few days--the pain always gets worse on days when I drive Adam because I have to carry both kids at the same time so much. I have been doing Pilates sporadically for the last few weeks but I am going to have to do them much more if I want to combat this pain. Pilates has helped me a lot in the past to strengthen my back and reduce the pain. I'm pretty miserable, so I hope that taking it easy and starting up Pilates again can do the trick.

3 comments:

Jolena said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for posting! What a speedy trip with Mom and Dad. I'm sure they wished they could stay longer too.

I hope your back gets better soon. I put a lot of stock in pilates too. I started doing them at the beginning of January after not having exercised hardly at all four 4 months and they really helped me get back in shape and feeling stronger again. I hope they work for you. Love ya!

A Year in the Life Of... said...

I use to teach Pilates and yes it does amazing things for the back. I might suggest a Chiropractor as well as your spine maybe out of alignment and this will help, then allow you to do Pilates to strength the muscles in the correct place. I would not use a Chiropractor on a regular basis, but from time to time they do help a lot. And if you back is hurting when lying down, there is part of it that is misaligned. Just a suggestion.

Seamingly Sarah said...

Pilates does a world of wonders. I use it in the winter when I can't get outside and run. Feel better.