Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cute kid pics and SNOW




I've got a cute baby, don't I? :]
Yesterday we took Daniel to the doctor for his two-month checkup. He did so well and the nurse and doctor commented on how alert he was. He started talking and cooing at the doctor and she turned to my mom and said, "He talks more like a three month old, don't you agree?" My mom made a sort of noncommittal "uh-huh," and she and I laughed later because who really knows the difference between a two and three month old besides a pediatrician? His numbers are great--almost 12 lbs and close to 24 inches. To compare, he's slightly heavier and longer than Katrina was at her three month appointment but with a much smaller head. He's average for weight and head and 75th percentile for length, so it looks like our feeling that he was kind of long was correct. Unfortunately, his heart murmur is back, so we need to take him to a cardiologist. The doctor isn't worried because he's gaining so well, and after they took his blood pressure in all four limbs (he hated that!), she said it'll probably be nothing serious.

Okay, so this next picture might freak you out a bit:
If you blinked and had to look again, that's what we have to do all the time when Katrina leaves her doll in various places where we're used to seeing Daniel.

This is what we woke up to, and it's still coming down! My parents are basically snowed in at their hotel. We're not sure what's going to happen with church and the blessing tomorrow.


While I had the camera out to take pictures of the snow, I snapped some of the kids:









3 comments:

lsj said...

Well watching the kids on the blog
is definitely not as good as being there with them but them's the breaks. :)

Jeff & Chels & Brooklynn said...

Your kids are adorable!

Mom said...

Thanks for all you great pictures Tori - even though I'm close, I'm not close enough!