Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mirror game and a baby video

It's been such a peaceful, relaxing day after a horrible day and night yesterday. This morning I was ready to just throw in the towel and lock myself in a room but then Daniel finally took a nap and has been taking naps all day, like a normal baby. Yesterday he only was sleeping for maybe 20 minutes at a time and spent the rest crying. Nighttime was more of the same crankiness, though he did sleep for several hours once he finally slept. So it's been such a relief today. I even made dinner for the first time in a month! I made beef stew in the crockpot and it smells wonderful. I got some laundry done and the kitchen cleaned a bit and had a nice relaxing time during both kids' naps.

Anyway, here is a video showing a game Katrina and I play sometimes. She stands on her stool and we pop up and giggle. Usually it sends her into squeals, but she was distracted by the camera. Still, it's pretty cute. Yes, she has no clothes on, but you can't really see much besides her shoulders.


video


Also, I took a video of Daniel during some of his awake time today. It's pretty much a minute of him doing nothing, but I think it's adorable and I thought I'd share some footage of him.

video

I got some discount fabric at the store tonight to start on the diaper bag I'm going to make. I cut out some of the fabric already. I really hope it turns out well, because I am absolutely sick of all of the bags I've been using. The cute ones are all too small, the ugly one from the hospital fell apart, and the backpack I am using now doesn't have zipper pulls and is difficult to get things in and out of. Time for a new bag.

3 comments:

Jolena said...

I love it! Katrina is so hilarious to watch. You two look so much alike. It's amazing. And I love just watching Daniel. What a cutie.

Tasha's Life said...

Those are great! I'm so glad you put one of Daniel, too. I laughed with Katrina's. It's so fun to see her expression.

When are you posting what your fabric looks like?

Adam said...

Katrina never plays along when I try to play that game. Sad.