Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spool dolls completed

Here are the dolls, almost complete:
Notice something kind of weird? I'll go closer:
Ahhhh! Yeah, that needs fixing.

Here they are, complete except for my face and a finishing glaze, which I would have done except I realized that the "glaze" I bought is really just more white paint. Grr. Luckily I tested it on Nana's head and was able to wipe most of it off.
So this morning I finished them, except the glaze. Here are close-ups of all of them. Can you tell who is who?



They are Nana and Poppop, Katrina and Daniel, and me and Adam. I look like I have a really bad foundation and mascara job, but oh well. Katrina looks like a teenager and Daniel looks like an old man. Still, I'm very happy with them! I got the idea from a blog here and more pictures here. You can see that her painting skills are far superior to mine!
I'm linking to Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design and Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple.

2 comments:

Elise said...

These are AWESOME. I am totally inspired to make some for Everett for sacrament meeting. Just think of all the scripture story characters you could make! Ammon, Nephi, all those stories could have little figurines. So cool. Do you have any ideas for a house carrier or anything like that? Didn't you make a fabric barn a while ago? I'm going to have to look at that again and see if I could adjust it to be a house. Your blog is turning into such a great resource!

Stephanie said...

Those are so cute! Perfect for a little dollhouse. Where did you get the wooden spools?