Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pictures Galore

One of Daniel's favorite positions when gassy.
Look at that face!
Snug in his polar bear fleece pajamas.

Another position that made him surprisingly happy.

Sleeping--his favorite activity, even more than eating, judging by the fact that he falls asleep three times each feeding.

Hi Mom.

"Call me."

And another flash in his face, disturbing his nap.

"Fine, Mom, I'm awake! Happy now?"

I decided to stay home today from church. Today is our Primary Program and since we are combining with the branch, church started later. However Adam and Katrina are currently stuck on the freeway. He has called me several times and has made almost no progress. Church started half an hour ago. It looks like it's a really bad accident.
I had two solo days this week and it wasn't too bad. However Katrina was an absolute pill on Friday and spent all day crying or screaming at me. No fun. I was so happy to have Adam home yesterday. We decided to try to get out of the house in the afternoon and went on a trip to the store to buy a stroller. Daniel slept through it all, Katrina only cried and complained a little, and we made our final decision on a stroller, so I consider it successful.
I'm not playing in the Messiah tonight after all. I wanted to so badly, but yesterday morning it just seemed so awful to have to get both kids and ourselves ready to go to the three-hour dress rehearsal, and I couldn't really feel comfortable consigning Adam to three hours of baby-watching in the nursery at church and then three more tonight. He can't feed Daniel, and I'm sure Katrina would not be happy to be stuck in the same room for three hours, so essentially it would have been a torturous morning for him. Instead we stayed home and enjoyed the morning!
Oh, I wanted to share a few cute things Katrina has done. First, she finally figured out how to give kisses. Instead of open-mouthed face-puts, she now puckers up and makes a smacking noise. She loves kissing Daniel. Second, she loves taking trash to the trash can. She's remarkably good at discerning what is trash. I see her picking up crumpled up pieces of paper, or bits of plastic, and before I know it she's running off to the kitchen and I hear the lid open and close. Along with that, yesterday my phone rang while nursing, and I said, "Katrina, can you go get me the phone?" She gasped in excitement and ran to the phone on the other side of the room, then ran back to me, making excited noises the whole time. She repeated it later on that night. And finally, Katrina knows all the motions to a couple of songs. I don't know if they sing them in Nursery or if she knows them just from home, but it was really cute earlier this week when I started singing "Popcorn Popping" and I realized she was trying to imitate all of my motions, not just the initial popcorn gesture. She also does all of the motions to Pattycake and Itsy Bitsy Spider. It's way cute.

3 comments:

Amber said...

What fun pictures! I just love the way newborns move their hands and faces--it's so short-lived and sweet to watch them figure this whole body thing out. I think you are fully justified in not going to church OR playing in the Messiah--your baby is only 10 days old! Take another 2 or 3 weeks if you want. I found that even though I missed being at church, I really cherished those few quiet hours at home with just Brooke when she was brand-new. It's hard to find times like that with an attention-wanting 2 year old. Hope you have a good week!

Momza said...

Cute family! Your baby is adorable, Tori.
You sound like you're bouncing right back and doing great!
Don't worry about missing the musical...there are scores of years ahead of you.
Love yer guts!

Jolena said...

Cute pictures! I love how much Katrina is learning and how cute Daniel is! Those faces are adorable. Sounds like you're doing really well with all the craziness of two kids. Keep it up sis!