Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas! Tomorrow, that is. Last night Adam got the urge to put up our big Christmas tree so that Katrina could see it. She thought it was great. She also left it alone, which surprised us. Maybe we could have put it up for the whole Christmas season after all!
We spent the evening in New Jersey. This was our first visit there since the baby was born, and it went quite well. I was very nervous of how Daniel would do and thought that I would end up nursing him in another room all evening and trying to get him to sleep. Well, we just ended up holding him a lot and he slept in our arms, so that worked out. Adam's sister made a wonderful meal. Adam took Katrina to the Grove, which is a neighborhood of small homes. A group of them have this lights display every year that's a lot of fun. They put together these life-size diorama sort of things with Santas, penguins, elves, toy soldiers, etc. Adam said that Katrina loved it.

I mentioned awhile back that I had just a couple more gifts to make for Christmas. Well, I put them off until this week, but they are finally done. I made some books for one of my nephews with pictures of his family and of Jesus. For his brother I made these puzzles of his two favorite characters:

I like the Curious George one better since the Thomas one is slightly messed up with the angles. But they were fun to make and I have a couple more so that I can make some for Katrina too. I'm not sure what I'll put on them.

Daniel is having some trouble falling asleep tonight, so we stuck him in the swing. I thought he was cute in his swaddle blanket and snapped a picture.

No comments: