Friday, December 18, 2009

First bath

I've got a few blurry pictures for you of Daniel's first real bath tonight. Adam was bathing Katrina in one bathtub while I bathed Daniel in the other. It was an exciting time as he proved his kidneys and colon work just fine in the water too. I was expecting a scream fest, but he only cried on the way to and from the bath--he seemed to really like the warm water. Awesome! Katrina hated baths until she was six months or more.

He discovered his thumb, apparently.

Snug in his pjs.
I kept getting his "ugly" faces, as we call them.

Katrina seems to have permanently cut her naptime in half and Daniel requires cuddling constantly in order to sleep, so it was a long day. Katrina only climbed on the shelves of doom once. Two nights ago she climbed up them in the dark, and then cried for us. Ahh! We will likely borrow a dresser from Adam's parents so we can move our lower, non-stairstep dresser into her room. She also likes to climb on our coffee table with a glass top, so we're considering some alternatives there.
Tomorrow we had family pictures planned but canceled them for a few reasons: 1. Tomorrow is the Saturday before Christmas. 2. We don't really want to face parking and navigating the King of Prussia Mall (largest mall in U.S.). 3. We're supposed to get a huge snowstorm starting tonight. We'll see how it goes. Now I am going to try to figure out how to escape from under a sleeping baby without waking him so I can eat dinner. And would you believe I typed this whole thing with one hand? I'm pretty quick by now.

2 comments:

Tasha's Life said...

So cute! Keep putting up those pictures. I can't get enough!

JenniferB said...

He is so adorable!