Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day!

What a wonderful Christmas we had today. It was our very first Christmas morning that we did on our own, and I really enjoyed it. I'm sure it will be even more fun next year with two children who comprehend what's going on. Katrina barged out of her room fairly early this morning and we decided to go ahead and begin the festivities.


Discovering gifts in her stocking.

Whenever we say, "Smile for the camera!" she opens her mouth wide and grins.

Adam had to coach her through the process of ripping paper off of presents. Once she got the hang of it, she really liked it. After her first present she tried to stack the paper neatly but gave up very quickly. I like how really young kids are so happy to receive gifts and would be content to play with the first gift all day. They're too young too be greedy!

Shoes! Katrina loved her new sneakers and protested whenever we removed them for diaper changes. She also got some Sunday shoes, so she no longer needs to wear her pink sneakers with her dresses.

A little chef's hat from my parents, as well as some other kitchen things. She loved the hat and wore it for at least an hour.

How did my mom know that Katrina loves measuring cups? She must be psychic. Katrina now has her own set, which is great.

And this was where Katrina spent most of the day. She got several other great toys and books and while she loved those, the kitchen was the most fascinating. Several family members pitched in for food, dishes, and pots and pans, so she is all decked out. Along with the kitchen stuff from my side of the family, she's all set!

She can finally play with the microwave to her heart's content.


There's Daniel swinging in the background. He had a good day too, sleeping and eating and crying loudly whenever he wasn't doing the former two activities. We got a bunch of really cute clothes for him and I'm thrilled.

Katrina also loves the baby doll she received from her great-grandma.

It was a great day. We headed down to Jersey midway through the day and joined them for their traditional eggs Benedict and more gift opening. Now that we're home we're both exhausted. Tomorrow we may head back down there but we may also just stay around here and relax. Or maybe I'll send Adam and Katrina there and "relax" here with the baby. The whole house needs cleaning up from gift packaging and several loads of laundry need to be done. Laundry's my favorite chore though, so that's not too bad.

Wow, I need sleep. As soon as Daniel wakes up and eats, I think I'll join him for an early bedtime. I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and that you continue to have a great holiday weekend! To all of my family--I miss you tons and thought about you a lot all day!

1 comment:

Elise said...

I can't believe Laundry is your favorite chore! Are you crazy?

It looks like Katrina had a wonderful Christmas. It is fun that she is old enough to open presents, and I love the kitchen set! What a good idea. Your mom is a genius to think of sending the measuring cups.

I hope you enjoyed the weekend. It was fun to read about the big day. I hope Daniel learns to sleep through the night soon!