Monday, November 9, 2009

Finished Color Book

I finally finished the color book that I started last week. It was a lot of fun. It ended up being really thick because I threw in an extra set of colors, but I like it. You can see that I still need to title the book, but I just need to go find my fabric markers to do that.




Some pages aren't really crazy-quilt blocks but I wanted each page to look different and I had to work with the sizes and shapes of fabric scraps I had.

The white and black were tricky but I ended up finding a good variety of textures for each, including a piece of the old diaper bag I was trashing, part of some of my knee-highs, and even some cotton batting.

And there you go! If you want to make one of your own with the same tutorial I used, go here. Or here for a similar one.

Today was another well-visit for Katrina. Once again she is perfectly healthy and on-track for development. The doctor and I both hope her vocab picks up soon, but since her comprehension is excellent, we're not too worried. (Katrina actually stops doing things when I tell her to stop and then count 1-2-3! It is very nice, even if she starts crying afterwards because I'm mean). Her weight and height are right on the 50th percentile and her head is something like the 85th percentile.
I finished another Christmas present during naptime today and wish I could share. I'm running out of sewing projects to do, and trying to refrain from starting new ones (though I really want to make this diaper bag and a quilt for Katrina for which I've already bought some of the fabric). It's just getting too close to the baby coming and I don't want to have unfinished projects lying around forever. My sister has a need for some crocheted snowflakes so I am attempting to follow my first actual crochet pattern. The snowflake I made last night was a sad failure but I figured out a lot of things and the second one is looking much better. This will be good because I need to do something in the evenings, especially if I'm going to be watching tv. I can't just sit and watch tv. I always have to be doing something else too.

3 comments:

Evenspor said...

That's awesome!

Sarah GM said...

the color book is awesome. one of these days i want to make my own!

Arnoud, Jazmin, Finn and Humphrey said...

What a beautiful book! I've created a flickr group for the soft books, please consider adding your photos.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/softbook/

Jazmin
www.homegrownhappy.blogspot.com