Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Phillies, Pumpkins, and Pouch Slings

Ha, I'm having way too much fun with alliteration.

I arrived home tonight to Adam watching the Phillies game while Katrina was still awake in her room (she actually fell asleep and then woke back up). Apparently she is a Yankees fan, since whenever they cheered on the tv she cheered and said "Yay!" in her room.

So tonight I went to a meeting with my doctor and a bunch of other pregnant women due in December. It was primarily for first-time moms, but intended to help all of their patients. I was pleasantly surprised. I get a calm sense about this birth. I liked my last birth, but you never know what to expect with a new hospital and a new practice of doctors (with six doctors!). This particular doctor was rushed and very business-like in my one appointment with him but I felt much better after this meeting. They also seem more open to different birth plans that my last doctor.

Then I went to the craft store for supplies for several Christmas presents. I got some awesome deals! That put me in a great mood. I came home to find a clean house and a cleaned-out pumpkin, ready for me to carve. Have you ever used those pumpkin carving kits? Those tools are so much easier to use than a kitchen knife and a spoon. We had already picked a design and I went to work. Adam prefers scooping and I prefer carving, so we're a good team.

I like how it turned out.
Here is my baby sling that I finished last night. I used this tutorial. She has a bunch of other tutorials for other slings if you're interested.

It's reversible. I'm particularly proud of that decorative topstitch. It took me forever.

Trying it on with a "baby." I think it will be a lot easier when I'm not pregnant.!

And as I write this, the Phillies won the first game of the World Series! Awesome.

1 comment:

Tasha's Life said...

Awesome pumpkin!!!! and awesome sling! You are so talented, girl! I'm all for the carving rather than the scooping myself, so I can related there. I don't like things under my nails and I'm not to fond of icky slimy things. :)