Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weekend update

Adam is out getting a haircut and Katrina is eating a very late lunch (it's 4), so I am grabbing a minute to write. We've had a nice day today. We all slept in until 9 and then we headed to the craft store for me and the Scout office for Adam to prepare for his next Court of Honor. In an hour he has a church meeting and then later tonight we will go on our weekly Chipotle run and if we have time, I'd kind of like to pick up a new toy for Katrina. Tomorrow is Stake Conference, which means that church isn't until 1 and it's only two hours instead of three, but the entire two hours will be in the chapel. I've been struggling for awhile with entertaining her during Sacrament meeting and I'm hoping to find something special to designate as a Sunday toy. Her quiet books are too advanced for her still. I have a couple of church books I'm going to make for her from blank board books, but the site with the books only accepts orders of $25 or above, and so I am trying to incorporate Christmas gifts and other things into my order, and I'm waiting on a family member to let me know about a gift idea. So, in short--we need something else.

I had a dental visit on Thursday, something that I have been looking forward to and dreading, since it's been four years. Luckily, I didn't have any problems! I have had tooth pain for awhile but they said it was just from some tartar building up and irritating my gums. So that should be better now. The hygienist also gave me lots of compliments on how I take care of my teeth and the color of my teeth (I thought they were rather yellow, so that surprised me) and I am glad we seem to have a good dentist. Adam and Katrina will go in next week. They have a pediatric dentist, so that's cool. I don't think it will be too bad for her, since they won't be cleaning her teeth. And as the hygienist said, if she screams, they can see her teeth, at least!

Night two in the toddler bed went very well. We were at a church thing and didn't get her to bed until 9, which is an hour after bedtime. She got off the bed, of course, and cried a little, so Adam moved her back to the bed. A little while later I moved her again because she was right behind the door and I didn't want her to block it if she fell asleep there. When we checked her before we went to bed, she was snuggled on the bed. It looks like this is working! The first morning, I hadn't heard from her all morning and was of course picturing her falling out and breaking her neck, but when Adam went in to see her, she was in the middle of the floor. This morning I heard her wake up and talk and play for a little, like normal, and then when she heard our voices she ran to the door and knocked until we opened it up. Naptime still happens in the crib, but that's fine with me.

No comments: