Monday, September 14, 2009

Quilting and Breathlessness

I got some sewing done today! This watercolor quilt has taken forever. I sewed the border on and started the machine quilting. Then my thread bobbin ran out at the same time Katrina woke up, so I'll have to finish it later. I've been delaying it because I couldn't figure out whether to work on the quilt or the curtains, and so I did neither. I hope to finish it in the next day or two and then I'll post pictures.

Katrina was so bored so easily this morning and I was happy to put her down for quiet time at 10. Then she fell asleep. Normally I wouldn't let her nap so early, but I was having difficulties breathing and whenever I stood up and walked around my heart raced more than that amount of exercise should warrant. I am used to breathlessness because whenever I get a Braxton Hicks contraction (luckily only a couple a day now, not like last week when I had them back-to-back one night and then regularly the entire next day), I get all breathless. It's strange. But anyway, this morning was different, and very uncomfortable. I started to get worried, mostly because I had labored breathing and a racing pulse last pregnancy at 32 weeks and it ended up being a precursor to a horrible cold. Finally I lurched my way from the computer chair to the bedroom and lay there for awhile. After that I felt better enough to quilt and I was fine the rest of the day. Phew! Hopefully I won't wake up tomorrow with an awful cold, since that cold that I had while pregnant with Katrina was so horrible my mom had to come and take care of me for several days because I was so incapacitated.

Katrina says "hi" in this cute little voice. It's quite cute, but it's gotten out of hand. As in, this is a conversation with her: "Hi." "Hi." "Hi." "Hello Katrina." Hi." "Hi, how are you?", etc. We went to Wal-mart tonight and she said her little hi to everyone we saw. At least I also got her to say "oval" and "bunny" today, and she has made several valiant attempts at "Jesus." Oh, and I've taught her "I love you" in sign language and she repeats it back to me when I sign it at her. Most words that I try to get her to say are still gibberish, and she turns most one-syllable words into two syllables. Oh, and most words she tries to say come out as "Daddy." Where's the Mama-love? :]

2 comments:

Elise said...

Hah, maybe she thinks all the Mama stuff is obvious, so there's no need to point it out.

I can't wait to see your watercolor quilt! I can't believe you just started; every time I see a picture of one of your quilts it looks like it was done by a pro.

Here's to hoping you won't get an incapacitaing cold.

JenniferB said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better -- I was worried when you posted about the breathlessness. Keep taking good care of yourself! hugs!