Thursday, August 20, 2009

Banged up lip

Katrina has figured out the secret to getting her non-spill cup to spill. If you have it upside down and push the mouthpiece sideways, whatever is inside comes right out. Also, one day I playfully drippled water on her head from the sippy, and now she occasionally comes to me and tries to get me to do so again. Just now was one of those instances, and I refused, so she retaliated by soaking my entire thigh by systematically squishing the sippy up and down it.

She has a major hitting problem. It has resulted in her first time outs, where she has to go to her room and I close the door and leave her in there for a couple of minutes. She knows she's being bad. When she doesn't get her way, she hits, and if I put my hand there for her to hit instead she moves to somewhere else on my body because she knows it's alright to hit my hand and wants to hit me somewhere else where it's not all right. She was hitting my belly the other day and I told her firmly that that wasn't nice, so the rest of the day, if she got mad, she purposefully tried to hit my belly. I've got a little stinker, it looks like.

Yesterday we went shopping for maternity clothes for me because I've been trying to get by with my clothes from last pregnancy and with my pre-prego capris. The capris are done for, so I really wanted to get some. Well, Old Navy was out of capris. I got another pair of pants because I don't like the ones I have, but I'm still out of luck for beach day, which we are hoping to do Saturday. I hate maternity clothes. I have "popped" this last week and finally look pregnant, but it's a pain because I don't have a cute bump, I just look lumpy and large and it's only going to get worse. My self-esteem is non-existent and I don't feel comfortable in any of my clothes, so I usually don't get dressed and stay in my yoga pants all day. I only have five shirts to wear anyway, three of them maternity and the other two just long stretchy shirts that have been the two staple shirts in my wardrobe since I was about 4 months pregnant with Katrina, al the way through post-partum weight loss, and then in this pregnancy too. I really hate leaving the house because then I have to get dressed and be uncomfortable. It's really making things miserable right now.

Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be a vent. I really just wanted to mention how Katrina fell while we were at Barnes and Noble walking around. She was having tons of fun in the kids area but, like she often does at home, she started running faster than she could keep up with, and fell on her face on the floor. I am super paranoid about her knocking out a tooth, for some reason, so whenever she falls and hits her face I check her mouth. She had blood everywhere, but it was obvious that the culprit was her top lip. I got her some wet paper towels to suck on and the whole way home Adam and I listened to the "suck, suck, suck" sound in the backseat as she sucked on it. It swelled up so large! Today it is much better. I'm hoping we'll have a better day than yesterday but she's been fairly cranky ever since she woke up at around 7:30, which is early for her. She definitely needs some quiet time, but I'm afraid to do that because yesterday she fell asleep during quiet time, slept until only 1:30, and then wreacked havoc the rest of the day.

K, she's done eating her snack, so I have to go get her.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I had to get new clothes with William and I felt EXACTLY like you do. I hated going anywhere and work like the same three things. By the end it was really, really bad. I wish I could send you all of my stuff! Just remember it is for a good cause. :)