Sunday, July 5, 2009

Word of the Day: Itchy

I spent a total of about ten minutes outside yesterday and got an average of a bite a minute. My poor legs are so itchy right now that I couldn't take my normal Sunday afternoon nap! Horrors. My bites always swell up right away, so they were pretty bad yesterday, but then they subsided, until I must have spent the whole night rubbing the blankets all over my legs, judging by how huge and red they were this morning. And now my lacey skirt is just the right length to rub against them too, so I can tell these bites are going to be here for awhile.

I didn't realize it's been a week since my last post. Adam was gone at Scout Camp this week, so I spent Thursday-Saturday down in New Jersey with his family. I am so glad to have Adam back. We both expected Katrina to be so excited to see him, but instead she barely reacted when he came home. She just looked at him with a half-smile, half-grimace on her face, and the only sign she gave that she missed him was when he walked into the other room and she complained. I think she definitely let her opinion be known that it's not cool when Daddy leaves town for that long!

I am gathering quotes for another Junior Primary Wisdom, but I'm still hoping for a couple more good ones first. The girl that says most of the funny things was gone this week, so maybe next week will be more fruitful. :]

I just realized Katrina is due to wake up in about ten minutes, so I need to run and eat something before she gets up. Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am also allergic to mosquito bites. I REALLY swell up. Try taking Claritin or a non drowsy anti-histamin it helps with the swelling and the itching.