Friday, July 17, 2009

Ultrasound

We had the big ultrasound today! Adam and I got up early (neither of us could sleep), got Katrina up, and took her over to my visiting teacher's house. Her husband called and asked us to bring the stroller, so we did, and he took Katrina off on a walk that lasted the whole time we were gone (almost two hours!). Katrina loved it, especially when they saw a family of deer. I feel bad that I don't get her outside every day, so I'm glad she got a nice long walk in today.

The ultrasound lasted probably 40 minutes. I thought 20 minutes for Katrina's big ultrasound was long. We have lots of little printouts of feet, the profile, the gender, etc. I even had a perinatologist come in to scan everything again and just make the baby is just fine. All looks healthy!

Guesses on gender? Anyone? Well, we were definitely surprised. We are having a boy. Crazy, huh? We thought it would be another girl, though I'm not sure why we were so certain. Luckily everything we have is gender neutral except clothes, so that's all we have to buy. Now it's the difficult task of finding names. We probably won't be sharing the name before the baby is born, so you might as well not ask. :] We probably won't have any idea until then anyway what the final name will be!

6 comments:

Kirst said...

Yay for boys. I'm jealous that you will have one of each. Boys are so much fun, congratulations.

Elise said...

YAY! I knew you were having a boy. It will be a lot of fun to have one of each. Hopefully you'll have a "drama" free boy. . .sometimes us girls can get a little emotional!

Shalyse said...

Congratulations! It will be so much fun having one of each! I can't wait to see pictures of you and the ultrasound too, if you feel like posting them in your spare time! You are such a great mom to Katrina!

Evenspor said...

Yay. That's cool. Ultrasounds are so exciting.

Amber said...

Hurray for your healthy baby boy! That is so nice that you'll have one of each--then you'll be totally ready for anything if you have a third kiddo someday!

Jessi said...

congrats tori!!!